Compare Scooters Below
Below are a list of the most common questions we get
2 or 3 Wheel Scooter?
Struggling to make the decision between a two-wheel scooter and three-wheel scooter for your child? Micro has a great range of kids’ scooters to suit every child depending on their confidence and experience.
Whether they would prefer the stability of a three-wheel scooter or are ready to cruise to school on a two-wheeler or want something to use at the skate park. This will guide will help you make your decision and find the best scooter for your 5-12 year old.
3 wheel scooters are perfect for kids who need help with confidence and stability on wheels
- The Mini Micro and Maxi Micro Deluxe scooters are self-standing scooters which are great for developing balance with good safety design.
- Perfect choice for improving confidence and co-ordination.
- Use lean to steer meaning you lean in the direction you want to go and the wheels will turn in that direction. This innovative lean to steer style is easy to learn and has been designed to develop co-ordination as they ride.
2 wheel scooters are ideal for kids who are confident and have good balance on the deck of the scooter.
For those confident, the Sprite is a great first 2 wheel scooter with a lightweight and compact design.
- Steer like a bike, turning the handles in the direction you want to go.
- If your child hasn’t had a scooter before but has experience on a bike then a 2 wheeler with familiar steering is a great option.
Mini or Maxi?
What the Mini Micro scooter offers
- For children ages 2-5 years old
- Lightweight frame makes it perfect for younger children to lift and carry
- Best for younger children or those new to scooting
- Children find it easy to learn how to scoot on the Mini Micro because of the tilt and lean style of scooting. A child leans their body in the direction they want to go.
- Great confidence boosting and co-ordination building skills.
- Rear brake
- Robust and oodles of fun.
We do believe the Mini Micro scooter is the best scooter for young children in the market. Aside from the technical superiority it is loved by children and parents because it suddenly gives freedom to the whole family.
The Mini Micro scooter is for children
- who need to improve their balance and co-ordination skills
- who fight about going in the pram– use the Mini Micro instead!
- who are steady walkers
- who weigh less than 35kgs
- who are eager to get around and are developing a sense of independence
The Mini Micro scooter is NOT for children
- who are nearing their 5th birthday (you would be better off buying a Maxi Micro scooter)
- who are not yet walking – Rather get a scooter with a seat
Should I buy a Maxi Micro scooter?
The older sister to the Mini Micro scooter, the Maxi Micro scooter;
- Is for children aged 5-12 years.
- Has an adjustable handlebar – meaning you can adjust the height of the handle allowing the scooter to grow with your child.
- Has 3 puncture free wheels to aid balance and co-ordination
- Has a strong, tough rear brake (some scooters don’t have a brake at all).
- Steers with the same tilt and lean style as the Mini Micro scooter.
- Has a robust, durable frame making it a resilient and therefore a long lasting scooter.
The Maxi Micro IS for children who;
- Have outgrown or are about to outgrow their Mini Micro scooter (around the age of 5)
- Is recommended for children who enjoy the tilt and lean style of scooting
- Weigh less than 50kgs
- Who are new to scooting and would benefit from the confidence a three wheeled scooter provides.
- Are impatient! The Maxi Micro scooter is very simple to put together.
The Maxi Micro scooter is NOT for children who;
- Weigh more than 50kgs (that includes mum/dad wanting to “give it a go”)
- Who are younger than 3 or 4. The Maxi Micro scooter is a heavier scooter than a Mini Micro. Younger children simply will be unable to manage its weight and size
Pre School Scooters | With a Seat or Not?
Kids are fast learners and these versatile wheels are ready to transform as they’re ready, changing from ride-on to scooter.
For young riders under 2 years old we recommend the use of a seat until the child is confident to scoot standing up.
There are a few options when it comes to toddler scooters.
The Mini 2 Go is suitable for toddlers from 18months with the wider seat. The Deluxe models come with a ride-on seat, storage drawer, scooter and parents handle bar.
Toddlers can use the ride-on and easy to remove storage draw that lets them bring along their toys and treasures when they please. Once they’re ready to start scooting you can remove the seat completely and use as a scooter. The three removable parts makes it easy for you to store.
The Mini 3in1 is suitable from 12months. The adjustable seat can be set at two different heights to suit your child. Once they’re ready to stand you can remove the seat and start learning to scoot with the easy to use o-bar handle. Once they’re confident you can replace the stem for the t-bar and use as the Mini Micro Scooter. The Seat and O-bar can also be purchased separately to hand a scooter down to a younger sibling.
The newest model, the Mini 3in1 Push along scooter is a ride-on scooter with adjustable removable parent steering handle. Independent sit on scooter with adjustable seat height for more confident toddlers.
All toddlers convert into the iconic Mini Micro Deluxe with adjustable handlebar and extra grippy footplate which can be used from 2 years through to starting school.
Adult Scooter Guide
Having trouble deciding on the best adult scooter for you? Whether it’s to use on your commute or to join in on family activities, this buying guide will help you pick the perfect scooter.
Adult scooters are great for making quick trips around the city or getting the kids to the school before the bell. They’ll cut your walking time in half at least, adding more time back in your day. Micro has a great range of scooters with different features to suit different needs.
If you have a need for speed, scooters great for getting you from A-B fast. Most scooters in our adult range have large 200mm wheels. The larger the wheels, the faster you’ll travel. These wheels also require less effort as they cover ground more quickly.
The Micro Classic Black and Micro White have large wheels and also a low ergonomic footplates. This lower deck allows you to push off the ground with minimal effort and get up to maximum speed. The aluminium decks making them strong and robust, great for smooth pavements.
All our two wheel scooters are foldable (except for our freestyle range) making it easy to transport and store. This function is great for commuting, taking them onto public transport easily and store at work. The handle bars can be lowered and handle grips popped out and folded down (expect on suspension scooter) to make them more compact.
Scooters for a Smooth Ride
Our two wheeled adult scooters have decks made of different materials. The Micro Flex+ has flexible fibreglass decks which absorb bumps on uneven surfaces, making them a very comfortable ride on urban sidewalks. The Flex air not only has the flexible deck, but air filled tyres with tread creating a seamless ride.
Our Suspension model has a high tech design with built in suspension system at the front and rear end of the scooters deck. It’s great for tackling a variety of terrains and has a higher ground clearance.
Our Best-Selling Scooters
Still not sure?
Feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com or call 010 020 2038 for some advice.